Interesting Facts About Red Color

Monday, November 24, 2008




  • Red also means "Beautiful" in Russian.

  • The word "ruby" comes from the Latin word rubens, meaning "red".

  • The color red doesn't really make bulls angry; They are color-blind.

  • There are at least 23 different shades of red crayons.

  • The red stripes on the United States Flag stand for courage.

  • Chinese brides traditionally wear red wedding dresses for good luck.

  • Seeing the color red can make your heart beat faster.

  • As few as two percent of people in the United States have red hair.

  • The color red is most often associated with power and passion. It is a fierce and emotionally intense color. Red symbolizes speed, sexuality, and style. Fast cars are red. Beautiful women wear red clothes and red lipstick. Red is also the color of romance and love. If you want to express your love for a woman with flowers, the flowers must be red. In all cases, whether red is worn by a woman, or used in home décor, it will always attract attention.

  • Red often gives conflicting messages. Red means "stop" when used on a street light, but it means "go" when worn as lipstick or given as flowers. Red means danger when used on signs and fire extinguishers. Red means both romantic love and sexual lust. Red is the color of Communism, but it also symbolizes Christmas when mixed with the colors green, white, and gold.

  • There are many variations of red: scarlet and vermilion are the shocking and extreme reds, while pink, maroon, and crimson are subtler reds.

  • Fashion experts always recommend at least a splash of red when dressing for a job interview or any other important meeting, because red symbolizes power, decisiveness and leadership. In home décor, red is rarely used as a base color but often as highlights. One wall of a room may be painted red to create a feature wall that attracts attention. A sofa may be splashed with red cushions. A centerpiece of red flowers may be used for a special dinner event.

  • Red is so intense a color that it doesn't suit everyone. A rule of thumb: drive a red car, but wear black. Red clothing has the effect of making a person look fuller than they really are. In all instances, red is an extreme color and should be chosen with caution.

  • Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.

  • Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.

  • Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.

  • Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helped with my english project!

Anonymous said...

This helped with my English project!

Anonymous said...

This helped with my art!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting facts...

Unknown said...

This helped with my English project.

Unknown said...

This helped with my English project.

Anonymous said...

This helped with English speech

Anonymous said...

This helped with art!Thanks for the info!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks this helped with art!

Anonymous said...

Thanks helped with English project!

Anonymous said...

Thanks this helped for my speech about red! :)

Anonymous said...

This was great for my anthology on "Red" for my drama class

Anonymous said...

this helped a lot!!

Anonymous said...

This helped with my science project...

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU

BUH-BYE

Anonymous said...

Haaa gaaaaaaaay

Anonymous said...

cool I never new any of this stuff.

Anonymous said...

will help my english project

Anonymous said...

it i sreally very helpful.
Thankyou so0o0o much.....

Anonymous said...

Nice thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello boeties. Hierdie infromassie het my baie gehelp met my AFRIKAANSE PROJEK. Dankie sjotjies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello boeties. Hierdie infromassie het my baie gehelp met my AFRIKAANSE PROJEK. Dankie sjotjies!!!!

Anonymous said...

It helped with my homework!

Anonymous said...

helped with my english work

FaZe Rain said...

faze rain : the colour of the guys who play one on one with me

Anonymous said...

Helped me with my art project.☺

Anonymous said...

There is some really interesting facts that I never knew and it's really helped with my art homework so thanks so much 😜

Anonymous said...

This has really helped me with my art homework so thanks